Saturday, June 7, 2014

Glutton Free Breakfast

Since the Glutton Free way is really about eating a balanced, managed-calorie diet, what each meal consists of is really up to the individual -- as long as it fits within the overall goal. Some will need a larger breakfast and smaller meals later in the day, while others won't need much at the start of the day. I am one of those that doesn't need much to start the day...

This is what my typical breakfast consists of:



One 16 oz. cup of French-press coffee, with raw sugar and half-and-half, and a 120 calorie breakfast bar (full of complex carbs, protein, and fiber). On a typical day, that is all I need. On days when I know I will be running an hour or two later, I need extra protein, and will skip the granola bar and go with a sausage & egg biscuit and some fruit -- or scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, and fruit. Gone are the days when I can chow down on a stack of pancakes or waffles topped with maple syrup -- too many calories, and too many simple carbs.

On weekdays, I eat my breakfast before 6:30, so by 10:30-11:00 I am ready to eat lunch -- then a snack at 3:00 PM, and that leaves me with 1100 to 1200 calories available for dinner. But I won't get into those meals with this post... they will have to wait until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment